For the physics project we had to "destroy" the island that we created in the graphics project. Physical properties had to be add to the various elements of the island scene, so that collisions were detected and responded to, and so that the objects behave according to Newtonian physics. Additional functionality had to allow the user to launch a projectile from the camera viewpoint into the scene, and watch the effects this has as it collides with the elements of the scene.
My project includes:
- The ability to launch a projectile into the scene from the camera’s point of view.
- Movement controls for the camera.
- The launched projectile operates under Newtonian physics, as must any objects that it collides with.
- Rotational and linear motion and collision.
- Objects can starts in a state of rest and being hit by the projectile, or something else, enables their physics.
- Destroyed elements turning to fragments.
- Ability to control the speed, of the projectile.
- Re-spawn scene elements that have been destroyed.
- Cloth effects.
- A score for destroying things, and a timer which ticks down.
- Framerate achieved 60fps.